Window glass replacement on a shattered double-paned window used to be a quick fix—a piece of glass, some glazing compound, and a few minutes of work—and then the kids were told to play ball somewhere else the next time. However, fixing window on your own is not always simple.
There is a lot of high-tech, double-pane insulating glass in the market that breaks and loses the seal between the panes and fogs up permanently. Glass replacement for an insulating windowpane might be costly. And in many cases, the best solution to fix your window in Ottawa is to hire Window Medics to replace the glass, which may be an accurate and safer process.
This article explains how you can save money on replacing the insulating glass yourself. Occasionally, glass replacement is so simple that virtually anyone can do it.
On the other hand, other windows can be so difficult to repair that you’re better off leaving the work to a Window Medics technician.
What precautions should I follow when I fix my window glass in Ottawa?
Follow these procedures to replace your window glass if you think you can manage shattered glass on your own.
It’s important to remember that handling broken glass can be harmful if you don’t know what you’re doing. A broken window should always be repaired or replaced by a professional.
Protect your hands and arms by donning gloves and clothing before touching any broken glass. You might also want to put a drop cloth near the broken window to protect your flooring and furniture.
Remove the broken glass from the window with care. Even if the window is completely smashed, removing the remaining pieces will be easy.
Steps to fix my window just like a Window Medics expert
- To prepare the window for re-glazing, clean the frame.
- Measure the area that will be glazed carefully. Ensure the new pane is only a smidgen smaller than the window it will replace.
- While you wait for the replacement glass to arrive, board up the window to safeguard your home and keep the heat and air conditioning in.
- Request a replacement pane from a reputable glazier. Remove the window frame and bring it to the specialist if you need clarification on the proportions. If you’ve worked with glass, you can cut your pane with a glass cutter.
- Replace the window pane. Make sure the glass is the right size before using a glazier’s tool and putty to insert it delicately.
If these measures appear too difficult while you try to fix the window, it is best to contact Window Medics to replace your damaged window. The professionals will repair or replace your window, taking precise measurements and swiftly and efficiently repairing it.
When do I know that a broken window glass needs a repair or replacement?
If a window is shattered, you should replace it immediately to protect yourself and your property. If your windows are cracked, you may wonder whether they need to be replaced or repaired.
Cracked windows, particularly insulated, double-pane windows, lose energy efficiency, raising your energy bills and causing moisture to build between the glass panes, weakening your window frame.
Whether you have a little chip or a larger crack, you should have your windows repaired or replaced as soon as possible by a qualified technician.
What is expected when Window Medics experts arrive to fix my window in Ottawa?
Window Medics experts will evaluate whether a simple repair or a complete window replacement is more necessary when arranging an appointment. When you hire Window Medics for emergency window glass repair and replacement services, you can expect the following:
- Before entering your property, our friendly, uniformed specialists will arrive on time and wear protective footwear.
- Once inside, we’ll assess the damage and determine whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. In many circumstances, the damaged pane can be repaired rather than replacing the complete window.
- Window Medics technicians will clean up the area when the job is completed and provide you with maintenance instructions for your new window.
Here is a list of glass types Window Medics technicians provide:
Laminated Glass—Also known as “lami,” laminated glass minimizes glare, reduces solar energy transmission, and does not shatter into sharp pieces if broken.
Low–Emissivity Glass—Also known as Low-E glass, this form of glass reduces heat loss and reduces glare through windows.
Tempered glass – It is incredibly robust and durable and can withstand pressures such as heat, wind, and impact.
Window Medics has been a client favorite for years for several reasons.
Our experts at Window Medics have more than 19 years of expertise in repairing and replacing shattered windows. The company also provides the following advantages in addition to its expertise:
- Flexible appointment scheduling
- Affordable glass replacement
- Energy efficient glass installation
- Huge cost savings
- Licensed professionals who assure you quality work
If a window is broken, it should be replaced as soon as possible to minimize further damage and injury. While this may appear to be a do-it-yourself project, dealing with broken glass without the proper gear and skills may be difficult and dangerous. So, approaching Window Medics experts for the job is the most rational solution.
It would be best if you replaced your shattered window glass as soon as possible.
Call your local glass experts at Window Medics if you need more expertise with shattered window glass. Window Medics even provides emergency repair and replacement services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to fix your broken window glass at any time of day or night.
Avoid the aggravation, additional expenditures, and risk of harm that come with a difficult DIY project. Call Window Medics today at 613-519-1317 or email at email@example.com to have your damaged window glass repaired or replaced.