Window glass replacement on a shattered double-paned window used to be a quick fix—a piece of glass, some glazing compound, and a few minutes of work—and then the kids were told to play ball somewhere else the next time. However, fixing my window Ottawa is not always simple these days.
There are a lot of high-tech, double-pane insulating glass in the market that not only breaks but also loses the seal between the panes and fogs up permanently. Glass replacement for an insulating windowpane might be costly. And, in many cases, the best solution to fix my window Ottawa is to pay a Window Medics professional to replace the glass, which may be an accurate and safer process.
This article explains how you can save money on glass replacement by replacing the insulating glass yourself. Occasionally, glass replacement is so simple that virtually anyone can do it. On the other hand, other windows can be so difficult to repair that you’re better off leaving the work on a Window Medics technician.
What precautions to follow when I fix my window Ottawa?
Follow these procedures to replace your window if you think you can manage shattered glass on your own.
It’s important to remember that handling broken glass can be harmful if you don’t know what you’re doing. A broken window should always be repaired or replaced by a professional.
Protect your hands and arms by donning protective gloves and clothing before touching any broken glass. You might also want to put down a drop cloth near the broken window to protect your flooring and furniture.
Remove the broken glass from the window with care. Even if the window is completely smashed, the remaining pieces will be simple to remove.
Steps to fix my window Ottawa just like a Window Medics professional
- To prepare the window for re-glazing, clean the frame.
- Measure the area that will be glazed carefully. Make sure the new pane is only a smidgeon smaller than the window it will replace.
- While you wait for the replacement glass to arrive, board up the window to safeguard your home and keep the heat and air conditioning in.
- Request a replacement pane from a reputable glazier. Remove the window frame and bring it to the specialist if you are unsure about the proportions. You can cut your pane with a glass cutter if you’ve worked with glass before.
- Replace the window pane. Make sure the glass is the right size before using a glazier’s tool and putty to insert it delicately.
If these measures appear too difficult while you try to fix my window Ottawa, it is best to contact Window Medics to have your damaged window replaced. The professionals will repair or replace your window, taking precise measurements and swiftly and efficiently repairing it.
When do I know that a broken glass window needs a repair or replacement?
- If a window is entirely shattered, you should replace it right away to protect yourself and your property. If your windows are cracked, you may be wondering whether they need to be replaced or just repaired.
- Cracked windows, particularly insulated, double-pane windows, lose energy efficiency, raising your energy bills and causing moisture to build between the glass panes, weakening the frame of your window.
- Whether you have a little chip or a larger crack, you should have your windows repaired or replaced as soon as possible by a qualified technician.
What is expected when Window Medics experts arrive to fix my window Ottawa?
Window Medics experts will evaluate whether a simple repair or a complete window replacement is more necessary when arranging an appointment. When you hire Window Medics for emergency repair and replacement services, you can expect the following:
- Before entering your property, our friendly, uniformed specialists will arrive on time and put on protective footwear.
- If a repair is required, the experts will replace your broken window right away. If a windowpane needs to be replaced, we’ll order the replacement, board up the window, and schedule a return visit to complete the work.
- Once inside, we’ll assess the damage and determine whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. In many circumstances, the damaged pane can be repaired rather than the complete window being replaced.
- Window Medics technicians will clean up the area when the job is completed and provide you with maintenance instructions for your new window.
Here is a list of glass types Window Medics technicians provide:
- Laminated Glass—Also known as “lami,” laminated glass minimizes glare, reduces solar energy transmission, and does not shatter into sharp pieces if broken.
- Low-Emissivity Glass—Also known as Low-E glass, this form of glass reduces heat loss and reduces glare through windows.
- Tempered glass – It is incredibly robust and durable, and it can withstand pressures such as heat, wind, and impact.
Window Medics has been a client favorite for years for several reasons
Our experts at Window Medics have more than 16 years of expertise in repairing and replacing shattered windows. The company also provide the following advantages in addition to their expertise:
Flexible appointment scheduling.
Licensed professionals who assure you quality work
Priority scheduling and additional benefits are included in the Window Medics package always.
There are no overtime fees or charges because of the upfront, flat-rate price.
If a window is broken, it should be replaced as soon as possible to minimize further damage and injury. While this may appear to be a do-it-yourself project, dealing with broken glass without the proper gear and skills may turn out to be difficult and dangerous. So, approaching Window Medics experts for the job is the most rational solution.
You must replace your shattered window as soon as possible
Call your local glass professionals at Window Medics if you don’t have much expertise with shattered windows. The technicians will make sure the task is completed appropriately and on time. Window Medics even provides emergency repair and replacement services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to fix your broken window at any time of day or night. Avoid the aggravation, additional expenditures, and risk of harm that comes with a difficult DIY project. Call Window Medics today at 613-519-1317 or email at email@example.com to have your damaged window replaced.